Wednesday, February 17, 2016

100 More Songs, Introduction and Table of Contents

After Grantland shut down last October, I found myself not only without a creative outlet, but without a writing job, and I filled the space and time before my next song by writing about each of my favorite 100 songs of all time. All told I wrote around 20,000 words in eight weeks and I think it was at least a moderate success.
But after completing that list, I realized immediately that I had more to say. More songs, that I either omitted or forgot, or had misgivings about, or parts of music that I wanted to touch. So I'm going to do another list, this one not in any particular order, about 100 more songs that I particularly love that didn't make the cut the first time. Because I'm juggling several jobs, this set of 100 will probably take much longer to complete--more on the order of a year, instead of two months, but that's just a guess--but I aim to get something out of it, and I hope you do too.

  1. "Teenagers" by My Chemical Romance
  2. "Mirrors" by Justin Timberlake
  3. "Paparazzi" by Lady Gaga